A Last Ditch Effort to Save the Day

I probably didn't have to but my head was so stuffed with inside and time wasted and my projects were getting used up and I was feeling old and helpless. I put on that straight-jacket-coat stuffing me with feathers and slung the elastic over my ears trying not to tangle them in my extruding hearing aid plastic. There was a scarf and I dropped my glasses into my pocket so they would not get steamed as I breathed through the big black mask I wore in case I met a stranger I didn't want to seem impertinent for. It was like walking through a marshmallow batting, silence enforced by the snow police. I dared walking through the corner. The black vehicle turning was the only form human beings took. There was no mail. My feet were not yet chilled. My cane and I edged back to the land of color. I didn't need the key.

Comments

Popular Posts