June 6


For the first time
we felt safe in our heat.
We didn't feel the risk that it would fail us.
People had stopped killing dandelions
and they gathered in great yellow herds without fear.
The lilies stood together in families and tribes.
.
I did what I was supposed to today.
The mailbox was full, I emptied it for the group
and put the large key in the right slot.
I took out the trash.
.
The Sals made a decent Rubin.
Across the way, through the window
a man rolled a stroller into the bus garage.
As I was driven by
a helicopter landed on the roof of the hospital
I'd never seen a heliport in operation before.
.
There was laughter in the restaurant
The laughter word was ha ha ha,like comic books.
I wondered where the extra emotional impetus
that made the laughter real came from. I thought the belly.
A man said ha ha to show his insincerity. It was
almost the same sound.
.
I saw a movie about a woman who won an election.
It made me cry. I don't know why.

Comments

Popular Posts