My Trip Through The Alphabet

My Trip Through The Alphabet

The first four letters are soldiers
snapping a welcome in crisp even tones
and prodding me to move along quickly
ABCD

E is a gentle soul, swaying as I pass.

F and G are strange creatures that do
funny things with their mouths and
say you are coming to the middle.

It is dark when H is finally met.

I is my shadow.
How does it get there
in the absence of light?

J and K are friendly enough
in spite of their uniforms
and their great height.

LMNOP are brothers and sisters
who do a little dance together
as I pass.

Q stands alone
and what a queer creaure it is
hiding helpless in its dark corner.

R and S have been friends for years
I visit their little cottage in the forest.

T approaches menacingly
Oh no! I think.
But I am only quietly led

to U and V
who live in the edge
of the ocean.

WXY and Z open the door
at the end of the canyon
so I can go home.

Comments

Popular Posts